Can be used to describe a piece of popular culture, for example a song or movie, or an abstract concept, such as playing Jenga or neo-conservatism.
Something may be played out to the degree that it can never be hip or cool again, or it may be played out temporarily, for example when one gets too drunk for days in a row, then says "drinking is played out," and then gets drunk again the following weekend.
2. Adj. A person who goes onto UrbanDictionary.Com and looks up words to add, only to find that other people have already entered the same words with the same or better definitions than said person had in mind.
a. "Yo, don't use the n-word; racism is played out, son."
b. "Sorry dawg, but playing basketball at Candle Park is played out. I'm trying to go to Vassault."
2. "You are so played out TripleBizzle; you think you're the first person to say that 'holler' is the white version of 'holla'?
- Rick rolling
- 'All that and a bag of chips'
- Hammer pants
- Charlie Sheen's 'winning'
- Napolean Dynamite
- 'Bling bling' (not to be confused with the rare usage of the adjective 'bling')
- Anything that marketing agencies decide to churn out
2. Someone else using you,what you've done, or your words to their own advantage
2. Shawnice-"I love you so much"
Dan-"Since you say you love me, can we have sex now?"