An American political advocate, comes in three flavors.
1. Someone who subscribes to no actual political party, picking and choosing on each politician or issue's own merits.
2. Someone who subscribes to the specific Independent Party.
3. Someone who is a Democrat, but thinks it makes them seem free-thinking and individual to style themselves as being unbound by party rules.
1. Might vote Republican for President, Democrat for House, and Republican locally, after reviewing the issues of each and discussing the issues of each.
2. Most likely puts a straight-party vote for Independent.
3. Votes straight-party Democrat, after constantly supporting Democrat politicians and attacking Republicans while bragging about independent status.
od uživatele Rann
23. Říjen 2004